IT TroubleShooter Candidates develop the IT administrative skills required to deal with hardware, software, and network issues in small IT network environments.
IT TroubleShooter requires Candidates to:
- demonstrate their competence in running and maintaining a small office IT network.
- understand key computing concepts such as: hardware, software, memory and networks.
- troubleshoot practical, everyday problems associated with a small office, in areas such as hardware and software, peripheral device installations, user account setup and including the upgrading of hardware and software.
- create and manage e-mail accounts.
- recognise pertinent security issues for end-users and promote sound password usage policies.
- perform and check server backup routines.
- know about good password policies for the organisation, and be able to install anti-virus software.
- have due regard to pertinent Health and Safety issues computer users.
- be able to act as an interface with IT contractors where their assistance is necessary.