IT GateKeeper Candidates recognise important software, hardware and network security considerations in order to protect small IT network environments.
IT GateKeeper requires Candidates to:
- demonstrate their knowledge and competence in keeping a small office IT network secure and protected.
- understand key security principles and concepts in organizations.
- recognise pertinent hardware and software security issues for end-users and organisations.
- identify different network security issues and recognise the importance of sound usage policies within the organisation.
- know how to apply various security measures and procedures which help to maintain the office IT network securely.
- be able to act as a key interface with IT contractors where their assistance is necessary
- be aware of various Laws and Guidelines which support secure computer use
- have due regard to pertinent Health and Safety issues with regard to computers.